Landscape Management Network (LMN) is a SaaS software company, that works with tens of thousands of companies in the landscape and snow industries across North America. We are leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way contractors sell, service and innovate with their customers. We have forged steady growth for more than a decade, and have fostered a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success.
Why work at LMN?
- LMN is the leading business management software focused on the landscape industry. We get to help amazing people every day build great businesses.
- Love good eats? Our open concept office in downtown Markham (once we return to it!) is surrounded by cool restaurants, a gym, movie theater and more!
- We value your feedback and do our best to incorporate your great ideas into our day-to-day operations.
- We support professional develop and back this statement up with fun, interactive training, and development opportunities!
- We care SO much about our team and have a fantastic Culture Committee dedicated specifically to Communications and Culture, with the goal of making sure ‘LMN’ is the best place you will ever work!
- You want to be part of a fun, fast paced, collaborative team.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package (based on education and experience).
If you are a passionate person that is looking for a role in Salesforce Administrator at an established growth-minded Canadian software company, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
Summary of Position:
The Salesforce Operations Administrator will be a strategic partner and an integral part of the organization, supporting all business teams with strong analytics experience, and a solid salesforce admin and Pardot foundation. The Administrator will have a willingness to always learn new tools and software’s and utilize our salesforce data, analyzing and uncovering trends to support the various department goals.
- Salesforce Administration: field maintenance, views, update processes, flows and workflows.
- Manage system duplications.
- Report analytics and provide actionable insights.
- Complete daily data processing
- Ensure corrective actions are in place for Sync errors.
- Build reports, dashboards, and workflows.
- Develop new reporting capabilities expanding the data available.
- Build out analysis of the data to highlight key trends.
- Review salesforce usage to help drive adoption and data quality.
- Data quality monitoring and coaching.
- Provide users with support on salesforce and associated applications.
- Manage ongoing support requests and administrative data needs.
- Special projects.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Proven ability to use salesforce as a sales analysis tool providing actionable insights.
- Highly proficient in MS office suite especially Excel (Formulas, data cleaning and data manipulation)
- Proven ability to initiate, design and improve work processes to increase efficiencies.
- Experienced with using Validity demand tools, Dataloader and other data management tools.
- Experience with Service cloud, RingDNA, Docebo, Gainsight and Marketing cloud is an asset.
- Must have post secondary education.
- Must have two plus (2+) years of related experience.
- Must have appropriate transit to attend directing branch office.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent, Monday to Friday, Competitive Salary plus Bonus, Benefits, 3% Health Care Spending Account, Disability Coverage, Life Insurance, Vacation Accrued, Sick Credits, RRSP Matching and more…
# of Hires: 1
LMN is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, LMN will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any material or processes used to ensure your equal participation.